[opensuse-buildservice] Dynamic BuildRequires and issues I've found around
  • From: Igor Gnatenko <i.gnatenko.brain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 02:56:23 +0100
Hello,

I've been looking into using OBS for building Rust packages from Fedora.

Those are, of course, using latest and greatest features of RPM.
Dynamic BuildRequires is one of them.

Each spec file on top has %bcond_with/%bcond_wihout and
%cargo_generate_buildrequires is using variables defined by those to
control which dependencies it emits.

That said, I've found some obstacles on getting 900+ packages built in OBS:

1. Since there are some dependency loops and I've already pushed all
specs, changing prjconf to have %_without_check 1 did not force OBS to
re-evaluate dependencies, I basically had to remove build target for
F31 and add it back. Neither, after initial bootstrap, removing that
macro did anything.
2. There are few packages which got into some weird state and I could
not fix them.
2.1. rust-qrcode says that there are broken deps on crate(image), but
that one is definitely is in the same OBS repo and is built fine
2.2. rust-restson complaining about missing hyper 0.12 while I've
already uploaded new version which depends on hyper 0.13, making an
empty commit to a repo does not help
3. Neal told me that OBS somehow can do the bootstrap of packages, but
I could not find a way to set it up (everything what's needed is try
to build with %_without_check defined, that will solve 99% of
dependency loops).

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:ignatenkobrain:rust

Meawhile, if you can tell me some way to kick OBS to regenerate
Dynamic BuildRequires, this would be much appreciated!

Thanks goes to Neal Gompa for helping me to set up an OBS project and
continuous help with issues I run into.
--
-Igor Gnatenko