Re: [opensuse-buildservice] KIWI build
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:55:22 +0100
Am Montag, 17. Februar 2020, 13:17:13 CET schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
I am trying to an OS image using KIWI in the build service. It had
been working as of a month or
so ago. Now it complains with:

have choice for product_flavor (openSUSE) needed by openSUSE-release:

followed by a number of packages that I guess are needed to run kiwi
and whatever. I know what this generally means with dependencies in an
RPM spec type of build. I do not know what to do about this in the
context of KIWI. Is if that it wants to know if I want Leap 15.1,
15.2, or Tumbleweed? I am happy with either 15.1 or Tumbleweed. If
this is what I need to be specifying, where do I do this? The docs
about the web interface
(https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_prjconf) didn't help
me. Or at least I'm not sure what I need to be setting. That doc's
reference to an advanced tab is odd as I do not see such a tab. I
guess using the actual tab name might be better than using the name of
what one might call what the tab contains.

My project is
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rogeroberholtzer:RSL/oem

In the project top
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rogeroberholtzer:RSL)
Meta, I have this:

<repository name="images">
<path project="Virtualization:Appliances:Builder"
repository="openSUSE_Leap_15.1"/>
<path project="openSUSE:Leap:15.1" repository="standard"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

I thought that should select openSUSE Leap 15.1

From a cursory look, my (local) project derives from yours in these areas:

<repository name="images">
<path project="Aux:Prj" repository="openSUSE_Leap_15.1"/>
<path project="openSUSE:Leap:15.1:Images" repository="standard"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

and I don't two <preferences> sections (well, I use <profiles>
to separate different sections):

<preferences profiles="kvm">
</preferences>

Cheers,