Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS on Kubernetes
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:46:45 +0100
On Freitag, 31. Januar 2020, 14:40:58 CET Moritz Röhrich wrote:
Dear OBS Maintainers,

I am running a deployment of OBS on a Kubernetes cluster. In
particular, I am running a horizontal pod autoscaler, that creates
more worker pods as-needed and removes them when they have been idle
for long enough. This works reasonably well, but leaves a lot of
'dead' workers lingering in the build status page, since Kubernetes
assigns new unique pod names every time a pod is created. Is there a
way to configure OBS to assume a worker is not coming back if it has
not been reachable some time?

not atm, since is breaking the constraints concept a bit...

However, we are about to work on kubernetes support as well. Sumit wrote a
very first draft how to run kubernets worker here:

https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-docu/commit/8e579528071c49df232aad46cdcfe259b8d1c8d5

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager