Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Question about usage of 'osc build' and building dependent packages

Thank you. This is the info I was missing.

once libfoo.rpm is built, you copy the built rpms somewhere (/tmp/rpms for
example).
You get a list of built rpms at the end of "osc build".

now you chdir to the foo package and issue "osc build --local-package ... -p
/tmp/rpms"

This should then install libfoo from /tmp/rpms into the build root.

Of course only if your "foo.spec" contains "BuildRequires: libfoo" (or maybe
better
"BuildRequires: pkgconfig(foo)").

Eventually I plan to have it built by OBS but I would like to avoid it without
having stuff working locally first (if possible)...
Well, libfoo is already building at least, so you could check it in, have it
build in
OBS and then it will be used automatically for builds.
You still need the BuildRequires: line.