[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Build issues with Ubuntu 17.04 and 17.10
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, Ondrej Musil wrote:

Just to be clear, I'm not an OBS dev, but I took a look at this today.

The way that the repos work for Ubuntu for example in OBS is that they
are essentially just a link to the official distro repositories. And
since Ubuntu 17.04 and 17.10 have reached end of support, their
repositories have actually been removed. That's why you get errors
when OBS is trying to download the packages.

That cannot be the real situation. The download links are correct and the links point to correct Ubuntu repositories, but the repositories don't contain the software versions which are requested, but other versions.

But there also should be a two step process where files are downloaded from API when not available in the download directories. That also seems not to work.

More info here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2382832
It's about 17.04, but I have no doubt the situation is the same for 17.10.

Is there any OBS operator here reading?

Could this please be fixed. To me it seems the requested software versions simply aren't in sync with the reality.

Ciao