[opensuse-buildservice] AlpineLinux and OBS
This is just to raise the question to simply initiate a discussion, why not
have AlpineLinux on OBS too?

On the positive side, it should be relatively easy to adapt since it is really
rather similar to Arch, which is already supported on OBS, but simpler.

On the other hand, unlike Arch, it also has 6 month releases that are supported
for 2 years. I do appreciate those would accumulate over time. It also has a
lot more architectures supported. So I do appreciate that it could also become
a maintenance time sink in OBS.

Also, I have no sense of the real size of the AlpineLinux using community, and
I suspect most use it from the docker and container perspective, which is a
valid and potential community that could benefit from OBS. In my particular
case, I do use Alpine very broadly, and specifically for headless arm/IoT
devices.--

List Navigation
This Thread
  • No further messages