Re: [opensuse-buildservice] multibuild flavor vs package
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:21 AM Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Trying to figure out a way to use multibuild for mingw packages. The
challenge there is that almost all packages need to be built for 32bit
as well as 64bit Windows. So currently we have mingw32-foo and
mingw64-foo packages. With exactly identical spec files except for
s/mingw64/mingw32/ and vice versa. So sounds like a job for multibuild
with flavors mingw32 and mingw64 to produce those packages from a common
mingw-foo package.
Now there are also packages that have multiple spec files though like
gcc and pkgconf. Looks like that case was somehow forseen for multibuild
as there are 'flavor' and 'package' tags. In the end both are treated
the same though and end up as @BUILD_FLAVOR@ in spec files.

Are there any plans to change that? So one could write something like

<multibuild>
<flavor>mingw64</flavor>
<flavor>mingw32</flavor>
<package>mingw-gcc</package>
<package>mingw-cross-gcc</package>
<package>mingw-cross-gcc-bootstrap</package>
</multibuild>

to produce six packages?

Short of that would it work to have both links and multibuild? Ie links
according to spec file names and only mingw flavors?

Why not just define the flavors in the spec itself? It seems crazy to
try to use features like multibuild for this.

It's not difficult, see:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mingw-openal-soft/blob/master/f/mingw-openal-soft.spec

Alternatively, something like what we do for Python and Ruby builds
could do the trick here (macros that expand to flavors).