Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Debian_Unstable build failures / libcrypt.so.1
  • From: Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 22:28:20 +0100
Dear Neal,

thanks a lot for your quick follow-up.

On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 08:30:33AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:

Debian transitioned from libxcrypt1 to libcrypt2.

Interesting! However, I cannot find any libcrypt2 packages on
packages.debian.org,
nor does it appear to be installable even on my local Debian Unstable
installation.

As a workaround, add the following to your project config:

%if 0%{?debian} > 10
Preinstall: libcrypt2
%endif

Thanks again! that suggestion unfortunately doesn't appear to work. Now
the builds are unresolvable, as "nothing provides libcrypt2".

I guess maybe that transition is still ongoing and I simply have to wait a bit
for those packages to appear.

The OBS team will fix this as soon as they can be adding the relevant
Preinstall statements for the targets.

As usual, many thanks for the people keeping this incredible system running.

Regards,
Harald
--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/