Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Branched package contains both sources and _link after "baserev update..."
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 07:57:56 +0100
On Montag, 2. Dezember 2019, 20:16:57 CET Johannes Kastl wrote:
Hi all,

I had branched a package, made some changes to it and submitted them. Now that
the changes have been accepted my package has been updated, and now contains
both _link and source files when "unexpanding" my working copy.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:ojkastl_buildservice:fingerprint/libfprint?expand=0

So basically a "osc up -u" and "osc up -e " only create or remove the _link
file, while everything else stays in place.

seems to be fine.

Am I missing something or is this not what normally happens on branched/linked
packages?

looks all normal. A branch is a link + full copy to be able to do a merge with
higher
chances to solve conflicts automatically. This is also like other scm's
(git/svn) are
workering.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>