Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building 32 bit package in x86_64 on the OBS
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 08:00:17 -0500
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:56 AM Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 07:52:54AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:22 AM Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2019, 04:22:47 CET Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:18 PM Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'm still trying to build 32 bit Wine packages for Fedora 31 on the
OBS.

The Fedora 31 repository at
http://ftp.fau.de/fedora/linux/releases/31/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/
has all the i686 packages needed to build 32 bit Wine, but I have
not been able to get the OBS to use them. I even tried manually
downloading the packages and building locally, but the build fails
with

[ 10s] checking whether gcc -m32 works... no
[ 10s] configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to
install 32-bit development libraries.

The 32 bit libraries were definitely in
/var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache/Fedora:31/standard/x86_64.

Is there a way to force the OBS to use the i686 packages available in
Fedora 31 x86_64, or should I just give up?

not in the x86_64 scheduler build atm.

Not sure. Maybe OBS is filtering out the i686 packages from the x86_64
repo?

yes, they would conflict otherwise.

our mechanic to build 32bit compat packages is different, we extract them
from normal i586 builds.

So you don't support name.arch package requests in OBS? Nor using the
name%{?_isa} requests to pull multiarch deps? Why not?

Why cant the RPMs for building not in the i686 tree like in previous Fedoras?

Can we bootstrap them perhaps if Fedora no longer wants to support Wine?

Fedora supports Wine just fine, and the project still maintains an
i686 tree within Koji. It's just no longer being published and synced
to mirrors beyond the multiarch package publishing done in the x86_64
repo.

You could pull the i686 tree from Koji (the URL is in the mock config
shipped in mock-core-configs v31 and newer) and use that, but that
means OBS will be pulling unsigned packages directly from Koji.