Re: [opensuse-buildservice] can't get layering to work
Am 05.11.19 um 18:46 schrieb Sanford Rockowitz:

In my home project (home:rockowitz), I have 2 packages: ddcutil-test and
ddcui-test.  I want the
application built in ddcui-test to use the library and development packages
built in ddcutil.test.
I've found a couple pieces of documentation that say I should add a
repository element under the
main <package> element, e.g.

[snip]

But when I try to include a <repository> element within <project> in my
metadata file, I receive the
following error when saving it:

Hi,

your packages live in the same project and as such use the same repository. So
ddcui builds in that
project will use the ddcutil builds from the project. Your problem is a
different one: the ddcutil
build and the ddcutil-test builds overwrite each other *because* they are in
the same repository.

You should rather create a subproject for those test builds.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and
don't get so worked up about things.