[opensuse-buildservice] error during repo signing?
  • From: Morschhäuser, Mark <Mark.Morschhaeuser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 13:12:33 +0000
Hi,

I currently use a Leap 15.1 system where I added a repo from my OBS instance
and if I want to update the system with zypper everything works fine - but
sometimes the following issue occurs:
========================
~ # LC_ALL=C zypper se mypackage
Retrieving repository 'myrepo' metadata ----------------------[\]
Signature verification failed for file 'repomd.xml' from repository 'myrepo'.

Note: Signing data enables the recipient to verify that no modifications
occurred after the data were signed. Accepting data with no, wrong or
unknown signature can lead to a corrupted system and in extreme cases even
to a system compromise.

Note: File 'repomd.xml' is the repositories master index file. It ensures
the integrity of the whole repo.

Warning: This file was modified after it has been signed. This may have been
a malicious change, so it might not be trustworthy anymore! You should not
continue unless you know it's safe.

Signature verification failed for file 'repomd.xml' from repository 'myrepo'.
Continue? [yes/no] (no):
========================

And basically there is nothing I can do against it. I tried to force the
refresh, reset snapshots and try again... but this does not help.
The repomd.xml exists and contains my file, the signed file has the same
timestamp, triggering a rebuild does not help...
I had this once and if I came back to work next day it magically worked (until
I rebuilt the package, then I had the same issue again).
I was able to work 2-3 weeks now without this issue but it occurred again. So
it seems there is a bug in the sign or deployment process somewhere. Is this
known?

The signer.log contains the signing messages and the waiting for event
messages. No errors here. What can I do?

Best regards,

Mark