Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Disabling tests for DEB building
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 03:44:13 -0400
On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 3:24 AM Julio González Gil <jgonzalez@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On viernes, 5 de julio de 2019 19:41:32 (CEST) Pau Garcia Quiles wrote:
On dijous, 4 de juliol de 2019 1:33:25 CEST Julio González Gil wrote:
So I have one Ubuntu python package (python-tornado) failing to build at
Ubuntu 18.04

https://paste.opensuse.org/view/raw/57849209

It seems this problem is related to https://github.com/tornadoweb/tornado/
issues/2536, and despite it's mentioned that 18.04 has 1.1.0, it seems
that
now it has 1.1.1 and thefore the problem happens.

At the same time, we don't want to patch that package on our side in any
way, as it comes directly from universe, and we just build it to
redistribute it so SUSE Manager clients don't require universe.

AFAIK, tests can be disabled by having an environment variable when
calling
dpkg-buildpackage.

DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck dpkg-buildpackage
But I am unable to understand how to do that at OBS. Is it possible?

You can do it by using a debian.rules file, as explained here:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Debian_builds

Yes, but modifying the package in any way is exactly what we want to avoid.

But it's even better if you just take python-tornado 4.5.3-1ubuntu0.1 from
the bionic-updates repository, which includes the fix for those failing
tests.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-updates/python-tornado

This is the way to go. Thanks :-)

Still, it would be good to know if there's a way of tweaking the building of
DEB packages in the same way we do for the RPM packages (by changing the
prjconfig).

The answer is that there is not. This is one of the reasons why I use
spec files for producing Debian packages (that, and it's just a nicer
way to do it anyway!).