[opensuse-buildservice] Initial work on porting OBS 2.10 to Fedora...
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 10:20:11 -0400
Hey all,

I managed to get some time this weekend to begin working on bringing
OBS 2.10 to Fedora.

I've proposed my first round of changes as a PR against:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/pull/7872

This set of changes are the least invasive, making OBS flexible enough
to handle alternative file paths, among other things.

The changes work fine on openSUSE, but OBS on Fedora still doesn't
work because I need to figure out what to do with OBS' usage of
bundler and fixing the ruby shebangs so that they're not versioned on
Fedora (Fedora doesn't do multi-ruby the same way that openSUSE does).

These might just be things I'll have to fix within the Fedora spec for
OBS, since the OBS team doesn't use system packaged rubygems
anymore...

But it'd be great if my changes could be reviewed and merged (and even
backported to the 2.10 branch!)...

Best regards,
Neal