AW: [opensuse-buildservice] multibuild: no binaries
  • From: Morschhäuser, Mark <Mark.Morschhaeuser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:37:28 +0000
Hi,

where does it tell you "no binaries" ? My guess is that you look in the wrong
build package ?

the no binaries message appears on the "State of Repository" page.
So a page like this
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/server:database:postgresql/postgresql/SLE_12_SP4
would contain the message instead iff the package is a multibuild package:
---
State of Repository SLE_15 for home:mark:branches:server:database:postgresql /
postgresql

Go to download repository
Repository has been published Architecture: x86_64

No built binaries

Trigger rebuild Job history list Build Reason
---

This is not solvable in the same repository. You can only build against a
package of one version by a given name.

hm ok but why?
I made the spec like this:

[...]
Name: postgresql
License: PostgreSQL
Group: Productivity/Databases/Tools
%if "@BUILD_FLAVOR@" == "94"
Version: 9.4.20
%endif
%if "@BUILD_FLAVOR@" == "95"
Version: 9.5.17
%endif
Release: 0
[...]

and a_multibuild file like this:

<multibuild>
<flavor>94</flavor>
<flavor>95</flavor>
</multibuild>

It actually builds both packages successfully in the same repository.
If another package in that repo BuildRequires: postgresql >= 9.5 it
could/should be found because it is there.
I know that it is a bit hackish though to create a package with two versions at
once but it could work.

Regards,

Mark