Re: [opensuse-buildservice] centos developer toolsets
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019, Petr Vanek wrote:
hi all,

is there any way how I can enable "Developer Toolsets" in centos/rhel projects
in the OBS, please?

For one of my packages I need gcc toolset >= 5.x, unfortunately these distros
contain 4.x only.

reference:

https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/devtoolset-7/

or do I need to import all these packages into my OBS?

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/rh/devtoolset-7/

I've backported GCC 4.8 for RHEL 5/6 using the SRPMs, which wasn't too
painful - just lots of FileProvides and overrides in the project config,
plus removing unnecessary features and dependencies from the RPM spec.
Multilib (building 32-bit on 64-bit) was one of the major things to drop,
as we don't need it and there didn't seem to be a good way of convincing
OBS to install two architectures' worth of libc.

You can see it in shells:fish:nightly:master:g++48 - might help get you
started. All my specfile changes are marked with initials ([DAA]).

David Adam
zanchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx