Re: [opensuse-buildservice] creating a "backup" of a project with "osc release" possible?
On miércoles, 26 de diciembre de 2018 18:14:35 (CET) Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hi all,

First, what do I want to achieve?

The VDR project (https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/vdr) will get a
version update to version 2.4 in the near future (hopefully ;-)
In the past (when updating from 1.6.x to 2.0...) I created a vdr:legacy
project where I just copied all sources before updating.

I'd like to do something similar now, this time "vdr:2.2", but I'd
rather not copy the sources over and build everything again. Instead I
was wondering if nifty tricks with "osc release" could be used to
achieve what I want.

My idea was to temporarily set a release target for vdr (and
vdr:plugins) to vdr:2.2, release everything and then remove the release
target again.

Will this work as I intend it to? Or will the binaries vanish once I
remove the release target from the vdr repo? (I doubt it, but who knows ;-)

It will.

We are doing that at Uyuni as (despite we are a rolling release project) we
want to offer snapshots to our users, so they can test migrations, etc.

So the only maintained and current version is at https://build.opensuse.org/
project/show/systemsmanagement:Uyuni:Stable, and the snapshots at https://
build.opensuse.org/project/show/systemsmanagement:Uyuni:Snapshots:X.Y.Z.

To achieve it, each time we release a new version, we have a script to change
the release target to systemsmanagement:Uyuni:Snapshots:X.Y.Z (being X.Y.Z the
version to be released), release, and then change the release target back to
systemsmanagement:Uyuni:Stable and release again.

So far we didn't not find any issues.

Have fun,

seife

--