[opensuse-buildservice] What are the steps required for setting up partitions in the backend?
Hello Everyone,

I couldn't find any resource so far on how to setup partitions on the backend.
There is a reference about partitions on the OBS Architecture page [1] in the
reference guide, but no instructions on how to go about setting things up.

While searching the archives of this list, I came across one thread where
Adrian suggested [2] what is explained in BSConfig.pm.

I want to split backends for "existing" projects (let's say, home:). From what
I understand from reading code, only "newer" content will be pushed / moved to
the partitioned servers. My questions are:

- What contents should I be moving to the new partitioned server? (e.g.,
partitioning home: projects)
* /srv/obs/build/home:*
* /srv/obs/repos/home:/*

- Do I need move any other data?

- Do I need to stop all backend services on the main server before moving this
data? I'm assuming yes, but wanted a confirmation.

- Do I need to run or check something else after moving the data over to
partitioned server(s)?

Regards,
Srinidhi.

[1]