Re: [opensuse-buildservice] News from OBS UI revamp!

On 18-12-11 11 h 30, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Tuesday 2018-12-11 10:47, Saray Cabrera Padron wrote:

People of the Builds!

We have done some progress in revamping the user interface of OBS. This time we
have focused on project, user and group
pages.

Please try it out and give us feedback! We'd be happy to read your comments and
make it even better!

More details in our blog post:
https://openbuildservice.org/2018/12/10/revamping-project-ui/
First image, first impression:
it occupies much more vertical space - a lot even - for the same
informational content, in particular the file list and build results
containers.
If every object removed 1px of padding, that all would probably already
accumulate to a more compact picture.

When thinking of Fitt's Law, that whitespace could have been used to
increase text size instead. (but first things first - trimming of
padding.)

Thank you Jan for the feedback.

It's absolutely something we need to keep in mind. I created an issue in GitHub to keep track of and address this: https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/6587

Feel free to adding anything which could help.

Cheers

--
Dany Marcoux <dmarcoux@xxxxxxx>
Full Stack Web Developer - Open Build Service