Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Caching interconnect requests for when interconnect is down?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:18:56 +0200
On Montag, 22. Oktober 2018, 17:15:47 CEST Neal Gompa wrote:
Hey,

Is there a way to make it so that build service instances that
interconnect to api.opensuse.org cache the configurations so that in
the event the server is down, builds can keep going, using cached
configurations and binary packages that cached locally on the build
service?

This is to some degree the default, but not fully.

We have a replication mechanic on our roadmap, but not for next release.

I'd like to avoid issues similar to what happened earlier in the year
and last year when the API was down and caused `osc build` runs to
fail, as well as builds on the build service instance itself to fail
due to inability to get configurations from the API, while still
maintaining the interconnect because I don't want to fork all the
build configurations and content and import them into my instance.

If that's not possible for OBS 2.9, what can we do to make this work
for OBS 2.10?

You could work on the support for interconnect on project copy operations.
That would be a good base.