Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Strange Build failures on Buildservice
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:46 PM Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Montag, 24. September 2018, 18:59:44 CEST wrote Christoph Junghans:
Hi guys,

Michael and I are trying to update the espresso package in OpenSuse:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:cjunghans:branches:devel:languages:python/python-espressomd

We tracked all issues here:
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues/2258

But now we are left with 2 issues, which hard to solve outside of the
Build service VMs:
1.) Segfault on openSUSE_Factory_ARM armv7l
Details:
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues/2258#issuecomment-420988560
Michael's attempt so far:
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues/2258#issuecomment-421710470
Cannot be reproduced!

The arm mailing list is the better place

However, when building with

osc build --vm-type=kvm ...

you have 99.999% the same setup as on the server (rest is timing question
or the very specific hardware).
Thanks, Micheal (CC'ed) might be able to try that.

Did you check for the usual memory corruption which can cause this?
Is valgrind working here?
Michael, do you know?

2.) Build on openSUSE_Tumbleweed i586 is super slow and runs out of time.
Adrian, any idea on the i586 issue, there is no timeout of s390x,
which is usually slow, so I am wondering a bit!

Additionally there are 2 minor infrastructure issues:
1.) On openSUSE_Tumbleweed x86_64, -grecord-gcc-switches is missing so
we get hundreds of warnings like:
W: python-espressomd no-rpm-opt-flags
All non-Tumbleweed builds don't have that warning

Please report to the "post-build-checks" maintainer.
https://github.com/openSUSE/post-build-checks/issues/22

2.) On SLE_12_SP4 x86_64, we cannot install the openmpi-devel package
anymore, error:
File /usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/lib64/mpi.mod conflicts between
attempted installs of openmpi-devel-1.10.7-1.15.x86_64 and
openmpi-compat-1.8.1-3.1.x86_64

Any help on the first two issues would be appreciated.

Please report to the openmpi maintainer.
I emailed Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin.

Sorry, but all this is not really OBS specific, but content of the distro.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB
21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany