Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to manage a product with very frequent releases and no maintenance for each release
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 11:18:07 -0400
On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Julio González Gil wrote:

Since you mentioned that "by default OBS only the last version of the repo
download.o.o", is there a switch I can change at the prjconfig, meta or
_product to change that behaviour?

No, we have scripts on download.opensuse.org side that implement the
history outside OBS. Nevertheless if that is a more often requested
feature, maybe the OBS team wants to implement it after all ... :-)

What I wanted to say is that instead of jumping through hoops
creating subprojects etc (where users would have to change their repos),
just stick with the one project approach. If historic repo versions turn
out to be really needed, OBS should implement means for that.

This would actually be really helpful for what I do for our internal
OBS. It's been a sticking point that we don't have a way to flag in
prjconf or meta that repo publishing should be multiversioned (for
RPMs and DEBs).