[opensuse-buildservice] Copypac'ing a package that is a link and preserve that link (and why does that not work when using osc copypac -K aka --keep-link)
Hi all,

today we stumbled upon a snag in osc copypac. The task was to copy a
package, that is a link with a link diff, to another project within the
same (private) buildservice instance. In our case the link was to a
package on the openSUSE buildservice.

We found that using "osc copypac -e" works as expected, the resulting
package is no longer a link.

We also found that using no options (no -e, no -K) copies the link, i.e.
the new package is still a link with a link diff, pointing to the
original target.

But we found that using -K, which is also called --keep-link, does not
keep the link. Instead we had the same result as when calling osc
copypac with -e.

Unfortunately, the man page is pretty confusing here.

-K, --keep-link keep the source link in target, this also expands
the source

But this is also not consistent, we got the same state three times while
copying another package, i.e. copying with "-e", "-K" or without options
resulted in a package that was no link anymore. We found no consistent
explanation for that behaviour.

I'll try to set up a reproducible example on the openSUSE build service
tomorrow.

In the meantime, can someone please explain what "-K" aka "--keep-link"
is supposed to do?

Kind Regards,
Johannes

--