Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Docker KIWI Images no longer xzipped on internal OBS instance?
Michael Schroeder schrieb:
No, that's by design, see commit
bc95ffffdd24e1b66654d434c7b91ac61881a56b in obs-build:

Uncompress kiwi generated containers

The layers in the tar ball are compressed anyway, so another
compression on top of that makes no sense and just slows things
down.

Not in our usecase, see below.

Today I learnt that the old perl-kiwi can also create something that
it calls "docker container", but that's not a container by todays
standard. Thus I now added code so that the uncompression is not done
for containers created with the old perl-kiwi.

Thank you for the fix, this is exactly the use case we have at in that
internal OBS instance.

Johannes

--
Johannes Kastl