Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Release number
I need to rework some packages from CentOS and save NVR compatibility with
original one's. And i want to add <CI_CNT> to release so yum can differentiate
them when i commit some local changes to package. So
"%%{?upstream_relnum}%%{?dist}.<CI_CNT>" should works fine. Except counting
from 99 in case of my example package.

02.07.2018, 16:56, "Neal Gompa" <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 9:49 AM Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
 On Monday 2018-07-02 15:02, Mitya Ivanov wrote:

 >Hi all!
 >Let's suppose i have imported package, .spec file contains "Release:
99{?dist}" entry. Prjconf contains "Release:
%%{?upstream_relnum}%%{?dist}.<CI_CNT>".
 >How can i make so that <CI_CNT> will count from 0 and not from 99?

 It's a checkin counter, it is never going to go backwards under normal
 circumstances.
 That would be as terrible as SVN revision 15 following revision 42 -
 kind of idiotic if you ask me.

For our internal build service instance, we always use the following
formula in prjconf:

Release: <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>%%{?dist}

I'd rather have this available as a system-wide setting that local
overrides per project are possible, but that's not a thing, sadly.