Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Should OBS always unconditionally use lint?
On Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2018, 11:03:12 CEST wrote Adrian Schröter:
On Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2018, 10:45:38 CEST wrote Nicholas Brown:
Hi All,

In OBS at:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/master/src/backend/bs_worker#L3024
the '--lint' option is unconditionally always passed to the 'build' command:

push @args, '--lint';

And in the build command at:
https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/blob/master/build#L1214
this results in 'rpmlint-Factory' being unconditionally added to
$ADDITIONAL_PACKS

test -z "$DO_LINT" || ADDITIONAL_PACKS="$ADDITIONAL_PACKS rpmlint-Factory"

This will be case even for non rpm builds, such as Debian .dsc builds, and
for target rpm distribution repositories that might have or support this
additional package such Fedora. This seems clearly wrong.

right, the build script part adding this package has only an effect in
standalone mode, outside of osc/obs.

The decision if the validation runs happens pure on the existins
of the executable or not. The same is true for debian, but there
it is lintian instead of rpmlint.

The --lint option is just an old left over for compability...
but we should indeed drop it from the worker and osc code.

But we can't from build script code because we need to stay compatible
basically forever ....

JFYI, I have cleaned this up now ....

just ignore the switch in future ;)

(AG Nürnberg)