Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: forcing build-compare after pkg build
On Montag, 28. Mai 2018, 16:41:00 CEST wrote Olaf Hering:
Am Wed, 9 May 2018 17:33:56 +0200
schrieb Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>:

Am Wed, 09 May 2018 17:25:32 +0200
schrieb Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
there are reason why the old build must not be used, eg on rel counter
sync case.
That might be true. But only in a bootstrap project. Not if I happen to
build my own variant of a package in the cycle list.
Please make it optional, and enable it only where it matters.

Will there ever be a fix for this behavior?

the "fix" would lead to bugs like not matching release numbers for different
archs (where one arch had no change, but
the other had one) and so on.

It is more the question what your scenario was and why you had an explicit skip
of build-compare.
Must be something very special and it is most likely more important to
understand that situation.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg