Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [Arch] gcc is broken
On Samstag, 12. Mai 2018, 20:37:51 CEST wrote Giovanni Santini:
Good evening,
I am having a problem building a package with gcc on OBS Arch image.
The package is just a `./configure; make; make install` one, although it
doesn't work because within the Arch chroot something is broken.
The important part of the failed configuration log is the following:

configure:2941: checking whether the C++ compiler works
configure:2963: g++ -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
-fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now conftest.cpp >&5
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found
(required by /usr/bin/ld)

I am not sure which fixtures has the Arch chroot, but I believe this
should not happen. By using the official chroot tool provided by Arch
this issue does not arise.
If needed I can attach the *config.log* generated by `./configure`.

I can not reproduce it here with a most basic setup.

It might have been a temporary problem, since Arch is rolling release
or you have some packages breaking it in your project.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany