Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Since around Easter: OBS publishes broken URL to Docker images
On Donnerstag, 26. April 2018, 21:52:06 CEST wrote Ralf Lang:

Am 09.04.2018 um 08:07 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Montag, 9. April 2018, 07:43:06 CEST wrote Ralf Lang:
Since around easter, when I build a docker image, instead of the image
file, I get a new file

Name

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/B1-Systems:/Horde5:/opensuse-appliance/images/horde5-developer-Leap.x86_64-1.0.0-Build7.2.docker.tar.xz.registry.txt

Content

Container can be pulled via:
docker pull
docker://https://obs-registry.obsmgmt.opensuse.org:444/isv/b1-systems/horde5/opensuse-appliance/images/x86_64/horde5-developer:latest

Web Searching around, I did not find any docs related to this change (may
have used the wrong terms though).

The published URL looks broken, but even several mutations of this string
did not yield anything.

Can you point me to existing docs or bug reports which I can watch? Can I
somehow directly access the container file like before?
It was a misconfiguration, this is fixed now.

The correct URL is

docker pull
registry.opensuse.org/isv/b1-systems/horde5/opensuse-appliance/images/x86_64/horde5-developer:latest

Please note that this is not the final URL, at least the architecture part
will disappear in future.

We will do a proper announcement when it is ready, but you can use and test
it already.

Seems you changed that URL as announced, but not the index file
advertising the location (or triggering a rebuild does not update that
file):

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/B1-Systems:/Horde5:/opensuse-appliance/images/horde5-developer-Leap.x86_64-1.0.0-Build9.1.docker.tar.xz.registry.txt
announces

Container can be pulled via:
docker pull
registry.opensuse.org/isv/b1-systems/horde5/opensuse-appliance/images/x86_64/horde5-developer:latest

If I try this,
docker pull
registry.opensuse.org/isv/b1-systems/horde5/opensuse-appliance/images/x86_64/horde5-developer:latest
Error response from daemon: manifest for
registry.opensuse.org/isv/b1-systems/horde5/opensuse-appliance/images/x86_64/horde5-developer:latest
not found

I can however do
docker pull
registry.opensuse.org/isv/b1-systems/horde5/opensuse-appliance/images/horde5-developer:latest

right, we have changed the mainfests to become architecture agnostic.

The txt files should become correct on next publish. (Note: you are using a not
finalized feature atm, but we will announce it soon...)

This downloads successfully. Not that I'm complaining, it's a great
feature. I intend to base a short talk in Prague on a use case for
obs/docker integration.

Great, I will also provide a workshop around that...

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany