[opensuse-buildservice] zombie packages or how to *really* clean up?
  • From: Detlef Steuer <steuer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 14:29:59 +0200
Hi!

I'm experimenting with mass producing R packages for opensuse
using some scripts.

Therefore I set up a test project home:dsteuer:CRANtest .

Experiments work ok so far, but if I have to start from scratch
for a package there are problems I don't understand.

A current package with problems is "abe" in OBS it is called "R-abe".

It worked *once* to put it into the OBS. Then I wanted to test
my script and tried to delete it from OBS.

I did:

osc delete R-abe

checked in the webinterface and it was gone there.

I now can't (how I expected)

osc co R-abe

any longer without an error:

steuer@gaia:~/OBS/home:dsteuer:CRANtest> osc co R-abe
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Error getting meta for project 'home%3Adsteuer%3ACRANtest' package
'R-abe'

When I try

steuer@gaia:~/OBS/home:dsteuer:CRANtest> osc rdelete R-abe

I get

steuer@gaia:~/OBS/home:dsteuer:CRANtest> osc rdelete R-abe
Waiting for Emacs...
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
R-abe

So the package is somehow gone, but somehow still there.

As probably expected it is possible to do

osc mkpac R-abe

(the directory is created and empty)

but copying files there and than

osc addremove
osc ci

results in

steuer@gaia:~/OBS/home:dsteuer:CRANtest/R-abe> osc ci
Deleting R-abe
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
home:dsteuer:CRANtest/R-abe

Why that Deleting line?
My questions now:

How to clean up the test project? (I can start over, but there must be
a proper way.) There is a handful of packages with that problem.

What is the correct dance of commands to reliably remove a package
from a project such that it can be recreated later.

Thx
Detlef

--
'People who say "I have nothing to hide" misunderstand the purpose of
surveillance. It was never about privacy. It's about power.' E. Snowden