Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cannot branch old revision
On Dienstag, 20. März 2018, 10:19:09 CET wrote Roman Bolshakov:
Hello,

I'm trying to branch old revisions of a set of packages and can't figure
out how to do that.

An attempt to branch a revision fails:
osc -d branch -r 131 network openvswitch
POST https://api.opensuse.org/source/network/openvswitch?cmd=branch&rev=131
BuildService API error: failed to branch: conflict in file openvswitch.spec

Your old revision points to the latest version of the factory package. This has
changed meanwhile, so it can not be merged anymore.

Best is to find an old build, eg via

# osc buildhistory network/openvswitch openSUSE_Tumbleweed x86_64

The r131 revision got built with a merged source md5sum

23f5f47e98b98313b2241e3f2376937a

so branching with that sum, instead of 131 will work.

Similar issue happens when I try to see files of the revision in Web UI:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network/openvswitch?rev=131
The error header on the top is:
Files could not be expanded: conflict in file openvswitch.spec

However Web UI lets me to see the revision if I click on show unmerged
sources (which adds expand=0 parameter).
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network/openvswitch?expand=0&rev=131

If I then click "Branch package" and tick "Stay on current revision
(#131)", it makes a POST request:
utf8=%E2%9C%93&authenticity_token=<TOKEN>&linked_project=network&linked_package=openvswitch&target_project=home%3Aroolebo%3Abranches%3Anetwork&target_package=openvswitch&current_revision=false&autocleanup=true&commit=Ok

And then proceeds with branch creation but copies the latest revision of the
files instead of the one I asked it.

I also tried to specify --link=base:
osc -d branch --linkrev=base -r 131 network openvswitch
POST
https://api.opensuse.org/source/network/openvswitch?linkrev=base&cmd=branch&rev=131
BuildService API error: failed to branch: conflict in file openvswitch.spec

What should I do to branch an old revision?

Thank you,
Roman

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5