[opensuse-buildservice] Cannot branch old revision
  • From: Roman Bolshakov <roolebo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 12:19:09 +0300
Hello,

I'm trying to branch old revisions of a set of packages and can't figure
out how to do that.

An attempt to branch a revision fails:
osc -d branch -r 131 network openvswitch
POST https://api.opensuse.org/source/network/openvswitch?cmd=branch&rev=131
BuildService API error: failed to branch: conflict in file openvswitch.spec

Similar issue happens when I try to see files of the revision in Web UI:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network/openvswitch?rev=131
The error header on the top is:
Files could not be expanded: conflict in file openvswitch.spec

However Web UI lets me to see the revision if I click on show unmerged
sources (which adds expand=0 parameter).
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network/openvswitch?expand=0&rev=131

If I then click "Branch package" and tick "Stay on current revision
(#131)", it makes a POST request:
utf8=%E2%9C%93&authenticity_token=<TOKEN>&linked_project=network&linked_package=openvswitch&target_project=home%3Aroolebo%3Abranches%3Anetwork&target_package=openvswitch&current_revision=false&autocleanup=true&commit=Ok

And then proceeds with branch creation but copies the latest revision of the
files instead of the one I asked it.

I also tried to specify --link=base:
osc -d branch --linkrev=base -r 131 network openvswitch
POST
https://api.opensuse.org/source/network/openvswitch?linkrev=base&cmd=branch&rev=131
BuildService API error: failed to branch: conflict in file openvswitch.spec

What should I do to branch an old revision?

Thank you,
Roman