[opensuse-buildservice] RC 1 of Open Build Service 2.9 released
Hi folks!

We are happy to announce the first beta release of the upcoming Open
Build Service (OBS) version 2.9. There have been many changes since our
last major release. Highlights include the Studio Express features, an
improved workflow for producing appliance images in OBS. A message bus,
supported by RabbitMQ, to help you connect your own tools to what is
happening inside the OBS. And a much improved notifications system to
keep you up to date with OBS.

More information
----------------
For detailed information of the changes we made please have a look into the 2.9 Release Notes:

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/ReleaseNotes-2.9

It is also recommended to read these before updating your OBS instance!

Try OBS 2.9 RC 1
--------------------
Those of you that don't want to install our release (yet) can have a peek at https://build.opensuse.org, our reference server.

Install 2.9 RC 1
--------------------
Please read our setup instructions

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/README.md#installation

or better yet, use our appliance

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.9/images/

Update to 2.9 RC 1
----------------------
We do not recommend this for critical production instances but if you
already have a running OBS installation and want to update it to this
beta, please read also the README.UPDATERS

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/dist/README.UPDATERS

file about the necessary steps.

OBS Appliance users who have setup their LVM

http://openbuildservice.org/download/#appliance_config

can just replace their appliance image without data loss. The migration
will happen automatically.

OBS 2.9 Final