[opensuse-buildservice] How to use preinstallimages in OBS?
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:59:29 -0500
Hey all,

I've been spending a few hours trying to use preinstall images[1] to
speed up builds in OBS.

However, it seems like after defining a _preinstallimage file in a
package space in a project, nothing uses it anyway. I've even tried
copying official OBS preinstall images[2].

I'm using OBS 2.8 with chroot builds and it's not working. I can build
them just fine, but no package build uses them... I've also tested
with OBS 2.9 beta and it similarly does not work.

What am I missing? Is there a prjconf directive I need to use to use
them? An option to set for the obsworker service? Or something else?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Neal

[1]:
http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.build_preinstall.html