Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS:Server:Unstable and nodejs dependency

On 02/09/2018 04:59 PM, Eduardo Navarro wrote:
Hi,

trying to upgrade nodejs package in OBS:Server:Unstable, that was
nodejs5, I thought it was not needed to use a nodejs package inside
O:S:U project, and let that dependency be solved by the repository being
used. I'll explain it by examples:

- For the repository "openSUSE_42.3" package "nodejs6" is used. In the
configuration of the project "openSUSE:Leap:42.3" [1] we have:

# we have both nodejs6 and nodejs4
Prefer: nodejs6

So it will take nodejs6.

- For the repository "SLE_12_SP3" packages "nodejs4" and "nodejs6" are
avaible to choose. So I had to add this line to the OBS:Server:Unstable
project config [2]:

Prefer: nodejs8 nodejs6

So, for this repository, nodejs6 will be chosen.

This way we rely on the nodejs version released in each repository. If
there are multiple versions to chose from nodejs8 will be chosen in
first place, nodejs6 in second place, and some other version available
as last alternative.

Any time any repository updates its nodejs version, it will be updated
in OBS.

Should I make sure nodejs dependency is correctly taken in any other
repository but "openSUSE_42.3" and "SLE_12_SP3" by now?

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf/openSUSE:Leap:42.3
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/prjconf/OBS:Server:Unstable

Hi Eduardo,

that sounds fine to me.