Re: [opensuse-buildservice] enabling networking for workers

On Tuesday 2017-12-19 14:27, Christian Schneemann wrote:
On 03/10/2014 07:57 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag, 10. März 2014, 14:33:21 wrote Darin Perusich:
Hello All,

I'm running a private instance and I'd like to enable networking on my
workers so they can build some java apps, via maven, which need to
download pom's/war's from the net. I ask google but he wasn't much
help so I'm hoping someone here can help;-)

How can I go about doing this?

you can build inside of chroot. Of course you will get unreproducable
build results, random build failures and all used packages can get
root permissions on this system.

is building in chroot still the only possibility to get network access
during build?

You could start qemu with a network card(*).

(*) Provided you patch osc to do just that.