Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Debian packages build, but are not published
  • From: Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:18:00 +0100
On mercredi, 6 d├ęcembre 2017 10.22:33 h CET Rainer Gerhards wrote:
Hi there,

I have problems with building debian packages. I am new to OBS and
packaging in general, so I may be overlooking something very obvious.

I have begun to build packages for multiple distros, for example in
this small project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rgerhards/libestr

As you can see, it builds for both RPM and DEB based systems.
Unfortunately, the download page only shows the RPM-based distros:
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Argerhards&packag
e=libestr

However, the .deb's are also built:

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rgerhards/xUbuntu_16.10/

Some additional info may be found here (not sure if it is useful):
https://twitter.com/obshq/status/937073469782597632

I have disabled all DEB based distributions, waited several hours (>
4), re-enabled them and then waited for about a day without any
improvement. Is this a problem with OBS or am I doing something wrong?
Any advise would be deeply appreciated!

Many thanks,

Rainer Gerhards

Seems that everything is ok now I'm seeing package in xUbuntu_16.10 and also
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rgerhards/xUbuntu_17.10/

Thanks Bruno,
but shouldn't the packages be also visible via the "Distro-Selection page"?

There, they are not:
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Argerhards&package=libestr

I think for other packages I have seen that the deb distros are also
included, together with instructions for the users on how to apply
them to their system.

Rainer