Re: [opensuse-buildservice] packages keeps in scheduled state in private OBS instance
On Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2017, 12:45:27 CEST wrote Stefan Seyfried:
Am 02.10.2017 um 15:00 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Montag, 2. Oktober 2017, 14:53:48 CEST wrote Stefan Seyfried:
Hi Hans-Peter

I can at least answer one of the questions ;-)

On 22.09.2017 13:09, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Do workers really need swap?

Yes, the build result is extracted from the worker via the swap volume
(after finishing, the build process writes the
results into the swap device inside the VM, then the obsworker extracts
them from "outside" the VM).

minor pitnick, we write the blocklist to the swap device to extract the
files directly from the root device.

Ok, but this is somewhat new (in "newer than a few years" ;-)), right?

since 2009...

Because IIRC I had to add big swap devices to VMS building large KIWI
images some time ago (probably around OBS 2.6).
But maybe I did not even *have to* but just *thought, I'd have to* ;-)

right, that was the case before. But IIRC way before 2.6 ;)

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany