Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Download on Demand Service change URL to repository
Hi,

On 09/08/2017 09:07 AM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Hi Christian,

On 07.09.2017 11:26, Christian Schneemann wrote:
Hi,

we are using the download on demand service to fetch some packages from
external repositories. For example Leap 42.x.. As there are problems
with download.opensuse.org we wanted to switch to another mirror, but
what have to be done after the URLs in the project meta are changed? How
can we tell the service to read this configuration again?

A bit drastic, but this worked for me while investigating
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/2296

rm -rf /srv/obs/build/my_dod_project/*
rcobsdodup restart

would work, but your script has the nicer way ;)

I removed the cookie, restartet the dodup service and "kicked" the
scheduler (I did another sourceservice run in the package, rescanning
the repository would have helped too I think)

Thanks,
Christian

But that of course implies downloading everything again.

A simple restart seemed not to help, also not to rescan the repository
with obs_admin --rescan-repository.

I also have a script here that re-triggers dod runs, which (with OBS 2.7)
sometimes did not seem to pick up changes (we
have daily "snapshots" of the SMT repos and the "current" symlink on the
webserver gets changed from time to time to a
different snapshot directory).

------snip-----------------------
#!/bin/bash
case $1 in
SP1|SP2) ;;
*) echo "please call me as $0 <SP1|SP2>"
exit 1
;;
esac
SP=$1
rm /srv/obs/build/SLES12-${SP}/snap_*/x86_64/\:full/doddata.cookie
#
# editing in webfrontend adds <pubkey>{}</pubkey> which confused bs_dod
sed -i -e '/<pubkey>/s/^.*$/ <pubkey><\/pubkey>/'
/srv/obs/dods/SLES12-${SP}::snap_*::x86_64
touch /srv/obs/dods/.changed

I'm not sure if this is still needed with 2.8, but with 2.7 it successfully
triggered the "metadata has changed" logic.

Have fun :-)

--
Christian Schneemann
System Management & Monitoring Architect

B1 Systems GmbH
Osterfeldstra├če 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de