Re: [opensuse-buildservice] vfork resource temporarily unavailable cause build failures
Hi Karsten,

On 07.09.2017 06:32, Karsten Keil wrote:
Hi,

Am 06.09.2017 um 08:00 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Mittwoch, 6. September 2017, 07:51:29 CEST wrote Karsten Keil:

I changed the worker type from change root to KVM. Now I got build
failures again with the same message. I do not understand why, because
the build target system is not systemd based at all (SLES11) so the here
should not be such a small limit as SLES12 SP2 had (500) inside the VM ?

IIRC this limitation gets applied in standard initrd. We solved this
inside the initrd of kernel-obs-build package some time ago.

Do you have the distros configured to use that one?

Thanks Adrian.
I do not did anything special related to the kernel-obs-build package so
I think our instance is not using it.

I did not found anything about this in the documentation (maybe looked
at the wrong place), so what is needed to enable the distros to use it ?

I only found kernel-obs-build packages for SLE12, but no one for SLE11 ?

There is no kernel-obs-build fpr SLES11, only SLES12 upwards.

I have built a kernel-obs-build for CentOS7 (to be able to build CentOS kiwi
images in OBS) some time ago, documented it
here: http://seifesrants.blogspot.de/2015/11/use-your-distros-kernel-in-obs.html

You might be able to do the same with a SLES11 kernel.

But I don't think this is really related. You boot the SLES11 build VM with the
SLES12 kernel now and it fails.
You could retry this with a SLES11SP2 kernel on your worker (even a SLES12
worker should be able to boot with the
SLES11SP2 kernel, it should be new enough). You do not even need to boot the
worker with the SP2 kernel, just use
OBS_VM_KERNEL and OBS_VM_INITRD to point to the SP2 kernel.

*If* this test shows that your build works with the SLES11 kernel but fails
with the SLES12 kernel, we need to
investigate further (put "ulimit -a" into a %prep section and check for
differences in the output).

Good luck :-)

Stefan
--