Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Bootstrap private OBS issues
On Freitag, 28. Juli 2017, 23:18:02 CEST wrote Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

in an attempt to setup a private OBS instance, I have successfully installed
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.8/images/iso/obs-server.x86_64.iso

Setting up the LVM was a bit of a hassle, since I couldn't find the rules of
the size constraints of the OBS PV relative to LV OBS/server (e.g. 2TB PV
with
1TB LV fails for some reason). While at it, I missed a simple command to
shutdown the whole OBS, e.g. similar to gitlab-ce target from home:darix:apps.
BTW, the many restarts revealed a small glitch in 2.8 for 42.2 (from above
link): during shutdown, the task to unmount /srv/obs fails.

Now, I tried to bootstrap the beast with the help of:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping#Use_Repository_Binary_Import
Quoting with <comments> inlined:

Setup your OBS

Log on to the Web API See starting your OBS Appliance
<done>

The default user Admin, with the password opensuse is available.
<okay>

Create your own login and password and set yourself as Admin.
<first part okay, but how can I archive the second part?>

in webui it is

Configuration -> Manage users

and select "Make user admin" on actions menu of your user.

Log on to the Web UI as Admin and click on the Icon "Setup OBS".
<There's no such Icon, probably unnecessary nowadays?!?>

It is called "Configuration" these days. You see it only as admin.

Accept the default. It should work.

well, that should be, go to "Interconnect" tab and accept the default.

However, you will also be sent there when you try to add a repo to your
project and there are no base distros.

<hmm>

Create your first repository project

Create by web UI

A project at the root of OBS.
Select from under 'Locations' -> 'Projects'. At the top left click on 'Create
a new project '. Give it a name (e.g. Meego-test)

you see ... the wiki page is unmaintained Meego documentation ;)

Enter a 'ProjectName'(Meego-test:1.2), 'Tilte'(Meego-test 1.2),
'Description'.
you need to be 'Admin' to create a project at the root of OBS.
<Hmm, did that as Admin, but harvested a
"Sorry, you are not authorized to create this Project.">

Any ideas anybody?

You are no admin most likely.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5