[opensuse-buildservice] Re: How to stop a linked packages parent from rebuilding when the parents spec file is unchanged.
On Jun 05 2017, Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have package lilypond with two spec files, lilypond.spec and
lilypond-doc.spec. Package lilypond-doc is a link of lilypond. I work on
lilypond-doc.spec locally and check it in and lilypond then rebuilds and
because lilypond-doc depends on lilypond to build a long, resource hungry
and unnecessary rebuild takes place.

When you change the sources of a package it is always rebuilt.

I've another similar package ffado with linked ffado-mixer. This means
when I change ffado-mixer a chain of dependencies via jack will also
rebuild unnecessarily.

Change the rebuild attribute in the repository element to "local".

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5