Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal: Web UI so warning instead of succeeded if rpmlint checks fail.

On Wednesday 2017-04-26 03:23, Simon Lees wrote:

The reasoning behind this is currently when doing reviews I often come
across rpmlint warnings that people have missed and probably should be
fixed. What I suspect happens is people sometimes see a green
"succeeded" presume everything is ok and don't bother checking the build
logs or rpmlint output.

Not just the webui, the same holds true for `osc r`.

I suspect this because i'm probably also guilty
of doing it at times as well.

And sometimes, the "toolchain" is at fault. The python packages have lots and
lots of "duplicate file" warnings, but you can't just fdupes that away in that
python case. Adding an rpmlintrc file to over 100 packages seems like a bad
approach, as does removing the duplicateness check from rpmlint.