Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How do I silence osc's output?

On 24/03/2017 14:05, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2017-03-24 11:39:31 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
I've had this output from osc since the world began:
"/var/lib/osc-plugins/overview.py: name 'cmdln' is not defined" AFAIR it
was a bug and I put a workaround in my ~/.oscrc. I now want to use osc ls in
a script and even using -q I get the warning. How can I silence osc?

This is no warning, but an error and in this case osc aborts unless
you defined the OSC_PLUGIN_FAIL_IGNORE env variable. There are several
"fixes":
- install a new version of the overview plugin (this should be fixed...)
- remove the overview plugin
- redirect stderr to /dev/null
- manually fix the /var/lib/osc-plugins/overview.py by adding a
"from osc import cmdln" line

Marcus

It seems I defined OSC_PLUGIN_FAIL_IGNORE=1 in /etc/bash.bashrc.local in the distant past. Strange thing is my osc plugins are up to date from suse tools but my osc was still stock 42.2. Anyway I updated osc and I still get the error. I've looked through /var/lib/osc-plugins/overview.py and there's no "from osc import cmdln", I added it to the beginning and osc r -v hangs and using ^C gives a long backtrace.
I suppose I just have to redirect std error.
Thanks
Dave P