Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use service objects in models
Hey,

On 14.03.2017 13:49, Evan Rolfe wrote:
On 14/03/17 12:19, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
On 10.03.2017 10:00, Evan Rolfe wrote:

I think it would be helpful to start organizing our code in a more
structured way

What we should decide together is not *if* we need to introduce a OO
pattern to make code more manageable but *which*.

So which of the patterns do we prefer and why?

The only alternative I can think of for this particular problem is
to use concerns but I don't like that idea because concerns do not
address the fact that the class has too many responsibilities to
begin with. They just split the class into multiple files. Can
anybody think of an alternative pattern we could use here to better
organise the code in the models? Or maybe somebody prefers to use
concerns over service objects?

I do prefer the interactor pattern over general service objects for the same reason that I prefer them over concerns: single-purpose code...

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org