Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use service objects in models
Hey,

On 10.03.2017 10:00, Evan Rolfe wrote:

I think it would be helpful to start organizing our code in a more
structured way because many of the classes are just too big and hard
to follow IMO. Here is a good article about ways in which this can be
done.

Some of these patterns we already have in the app i.e. decorators and
policy objects.

http://blog.codeclimate.com/blog/2012/10/17/7-ways-to-decompose-fat-activerecord-models/

What we should decide together is not *if* we need to introduce a OO pattern to make code more manageable but *which*. I would like to avoid to have all patterns, depending on who, at times, likes which more. This I find equally confusing that stuffing everything into the model.

So which of the patterns do we prefer and why?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org