[opensuse-buildservice] osc2 development status / Hackweek result
Hi,

My goal for the hackweek was to familiarize myself with osc2. This resulted in
a new subcommand (comments) and a devel project in obs [1] with packages to
install and play around.

History of osc2:

osc2 was developed as a GSoC (Google Summer of Code) project in 2011 and 2012
by Marcus Huewe [2]
It is planed as an object-oriented rewrite of the "old" osc client.
A history of the development process during GSoC can be found here [2]

The future:

My plan is to implement the missing commands (whenever I have the time) to get
the same feature set as the current osc. Please feel free to contribute to osc2
[4].
At some point I will bring the osc2 to openSUSE:Tools.

The Master plan:

I don't have one. I just have the list from Marcus[3] and the introduction
during the hackweek.
I will basically go through the list and implement command after command.

The organization:

I made a project on github [5]. There are four columns: Command, In
implementation, In review, Merged

_command_: Commands that need to be implemented. If you want to implement one,
take the card, add your name and move it to "In implementation".

_In implementation_: The commands which are "under construction". Please add
your name and the branch if there is one.

_In review_: Commands that are implemented and working from the view of the
contributor. A Pull request has been opened. Please add the # of your PR.

_Merged_: The pull request has been merged.

*THANKS*
At the end I would like to thank Marcus Huewe for the pleasure to work with him
during the hackweek and the patient reviewing of my pull requests.

Please feel free to contact me via irc(freenode) mstrigl or mail.

Thanks and have a lot of fun...

Marco

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:tools:scm/osc2
[2] https://lizards.opensuse.org/author/marcus_h/
[3]
https://lizards.opensuse.org/2011/05/23/gsoc-new-osc-user-interface-proposal/
[4] https://github.com/openSUSE/osc2
[5] https://github.com/openSUSE/osc2/projects/1

--
Marco Strigl
SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuremberg, Germany