Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mass import of packages from another OBS instance
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 01:59, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2017, 14:22:20 CET wrote Greg Ward:
But
we have hundreds of packages, and I would like to import them en masse
to the new instance -- preferably with full history intact.

Are there existing tools to do that?

Not a good one at least ... We have a planned feature for a remote
copy project support including binaries and history, but that won't help
you now.

I'll cheer you on from a distance. ;-)

Can't you just rsync the backend data and clone the database to your
new host and run the usual migration?

There's a usual migration? That's good to know! I don't recall seeing it
mentioned in either the Reference Guide or Admin Guide. Just
double-checked, and I still don't see it.

I google'd for "obs migration" and "obs upgrade", and nothing obvious
jumps out at me.

So... how do I migrate data from an old OBS (originally set up in 2008,
last updated around 2011) to v2.7?

Also, I have been unable to figure out how to get into the database,
which could be useful. Is that documented anywhere? Or do I just have to
find the right config file and figure it out from that. (I know nothing
about Rails or Ruby or configuring databases for Rails apps.)

Thanks!

Greg