Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What to do about "broken" state
On Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017, 17:25:31 CET wrote Greg Ward:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 09:19, Greg Ward wrote:
Yeah, I figured out the mouse-over already. I get the same message at
the command line:

obs-new:/tmp/home:gward/sortu # osc results -v
sl67 x86_64 broken: bad build configuration, no
build type defined or detected

this says there is neiter a build config (osc meta prjconf) which defines
the type of build (rpm/deb/..) and neither any binaries in the repositories
which can be used to auto detect the type.

not sure about your setup, maybe the packages were missing on setup?

sl67 i586 broken: bad build configuration, no
build type defined or detected
ol7 x86_64 succeeded
c7 x86_64 succeeded

But I don't *understand* the error.

Hmmm: I just realized I didn't do anything to define a build worker for
SL 6.7. My colleague, who created this private instance, took care of
the ol7 (Oracle Linux 7) build worker When I added c7 (CentOS 7), it
just worked without me adding a builder, and I don't understand why. Now
I've added sl67 (Scientific Linux 6.7) without adding a build worker,
and it doesn't work.

Maybe my question should be: why are my CentOS 7 builds working even
though I did not define a build worker?

The plot thickens. My formerly broken packages now build. I have no idea
why. Here's what I did:

* let time elapse: ~36 h while I dug into OBS source code, slept, worked
on other things, etc.
* made bogus whitespace-only commits to the .spec files to force a build

It appears that elapsed time fixed my problem, i.e. now I have build
workers capable of building for Scientific Linux 6.7. This is exactly
what I observed when I added CentOS 7, only the time elapsed was longer.
I still don't understand what happened.

Related question: how do you trigger a build without a bogus
whitespace-only commit?

Thanks!

Greg

(AG Nürnberg)