Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What to do about "broken" state
On Dienstag, 14. Februar 2017, 06:21:14 CET wrote Marcus Meissner:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 06:04:12PM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on setting up a private OBS to replace an old version that
has been running for many years. I need to build packages for *at least*
CentOS 7 and Scientific Linux 6.x (x = 7, 8, whatever is latest). I
successfully added a project "CentOS:C7" as a binary import. We already
have local mirrors of all upstream OS packages, so IMHO there's no point
in using download-on-demand.

Anyways, after I added the CentOS:C7 project and configured my
home:gward project to build for CentOS 7 using that project, packages in
my project were in state "broken" for a little while. I poked around
trying to figure things out, but did not succeed. After a while, I
noticed that the packages had built -- apparently *something* cleared
the "broken" state, but I have no idea what.

So I carried on and added a project ScientificLinux:SL6.7. To the best
of my knowledge and memory, I repeated the same steps that I did to
create CentOS:C7. And it half worked: packages in home:gward now want to
build for SL 6.7, i586 and x86_64. But it half didn't work: those
packages have been stuck in state "broken" for ~30 min now, and they do
not appear to be magically getting unbroken.

Any idea what is going on here? How do I investigate when a package is
"broken"? How do I unbreak it?

Use "osc results -v" in the package to see why it is broken (or the popup on
the website).

It might be repository related or package related, but its hard to say.

Well, not with "osc r -v" or via the mouse-over information in webui.

Usually it is a conflicting source commit which can get resolved with "osc
pull".

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg